Saturday, December 25, 2021

Squash in the Chicken Garden

During the 2020 shutdown, I grew out Costata Romenesco Squash in the chicken garden. Due to how much people were purchasing seed, it was a bit hard to get my hands on – but I eventually found a source that would work. I grew out only a few plants at the Chicken garden.

 

 

 

 

One of the main issues I encountered in growing out this variety is that my friend’s wife also grew out some other squash varieties. If you know anything about me, I am a big seed saver, so this situation didn’t work particularly well for me.

 




On the positive side, I was able to observe the growth of Costata Romenesco both in this garden as well as in my own garden in my backyard. It was enjoyable to watch and know that it was being enjoyed by friends, even if I couldn’t save any good seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Gardening Friends,
I look forward to learning more about gardening with you. Your comments help me recognize that gardening is a life-long journey.

To advertisers: Note that this blog is concerned with gardening and gardening techniques. Please do not attempt to advertise here by leaving a comment. Depending upon how egregious the comment is, it may be deleted.