Thursday, July 23, 2020

Winged Protectors of the Striped Carosello Leccese

So, I take this break to note something interesting that occurred around the time that I was transplanting my second crop of Striped Carosello Leccese into the garden. I began noticing birds. More specifically, I began noticing that the birds were utilizing my tomato cages for their own purposes.













Little birds were utilizing my tomato cages for perching - and scouting.








And what were they scouting for?






Bugs. These birds took care of so many garden and flying insects that I was glad to have them visit. Though I’m not really sure how beneficial their fresh manure was on my cucumber plants, I believe their overall impact was positive.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Gardening Friends,
I look forward to learning more about gardening with you. Your comments help me recognize that gardening is a life-long journey.

To advertisers: Note that this blog is concerned with gardening and gardening techniques. Please do not attempt to advertise here by leaving a comment. Depending upon how egregious the comment is, it may be deleted.