Friday, March 13, 2020

Corn in the Fertile Garden

Though I do not grow corn myself, I do quite enjoy seeing it grown and eating it. My friend who owns the fertile garden enjoys summer garden so much that he will occasionally grow it.






























The principal reason why I do not grow corn is because I cannot save high quality seed from small plots of land, like I can do with some other seed varieties. This is why I prefer to grow plants to seed that experience very low pressures from inbreeding depression. The smaller the plants and the less inbreeding depression they experience, the less you need to continue to produce seed for future use.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Gardening Friends,
I look forward to learning more about gardening with you. Your comments help me recognize that gardening is a life-long journey.

To advertisers: Note that this blog is concerned with gardening and gardening techniques. Please do not attempt to advertise here by leaving a comment. Depending upon how egregious the comment is, it may be deleted.