Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Unfair Garden

I try not to constantly complain about Tucson’s summer weather – however – during a recent trip to Utah - my sister’s beautiful garden made me a little jealous. She said that all she had to do was weed and add seed.



My oldest son picking peas in my sister's garden



Gardening can be easy in more moderate climates

The previous tenants in the house worked very hard on the garden and she is definitely reaping the results. Her lettuce was delicious – even in the heat.



My nephew picking a carrot



My nephew examining his carrot

My children were picking peas most of the time we were visiting her. The weather was warm – but no where close to Tucson.



Peas grow wonderful in July - in Utah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Gardening Friends,
I look forward to learning more about gardening with you. Your comments help me recognize that gardening is a life-long journey.

To advertisers: Note that this blog is concerned with gardening and gardening techniques. Please do not attempt to advertise here by leaving a comment. Depending upon how egregious the comment is, it may be deleted.