Friday, October 7, 2022

The Carosello Spuredda Tarantino – Last Try

Have you ever had that experience with another person that you keep trying to get the relationship to work out, but the dynamics never seems to line up? That’s about my best description of my multi-year experience with the Carosello Spuredda Tarantino. 

 

 

 

 

 











This is a very good-looking variety with dark bands of light and dark color on some of the fruit and more mottled banded color on other fruit. The shape of the fruit is anywhere between cylindrical to oval to almost round. The taste is also variable and unfortunately is, at best, in the “tolerable” range of cucumber-melons.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A friend of mine had recently gifted me another packet of this variety, so I thought that it might just be a little different than those I had previously grown. Not a bit. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While there is definitely some potential to this carosello variety (a variety that is probably more closely related to the southeast Asian variety Timun Krai or another Asian variety than to carosello) I have decided that – at least for now – I will store this variety away for another day. While others may appreciate all it has to offer, for now I am glad to get a break from trying any more – at least for the next several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Gardening Friends,
I look forward to learning more about gardening with you. Your comments help me recognize that gardening is a life-long journey.

To advertisers: Note that this blog is concerned with gardening and gardening techniques. Please do not attempt to advertise here by leaving a comment. Depending upon how egregious the comment is, it may be deleted.