The plants grew alright, but by the time I got them in, the summer was beginning to wane. They grew alright for a little while, but as the days grew shorter and the nights grew colder, powdery mildew became more and more apparent. I attempt to fight the problem with a couple bacterial fungicides – with mixed results. Eventually, I just cut down all but the most mature cucumber and tossed the bulk of the vines in the yard waste bin.
After growing out this variety several times I now know that I need to try this variety one last time early in the season and provide it with ample opportunity to thrive. Hopefully, I will then be able to harvest vigorous seed that can outgrow most of the problems that I have encountered with this cucumber the last two times I have grown it.