Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Purple Sweet Potato Pie at Christmas

The Friday before Christmas I took my sweet potatoes to a local farmer’s market. Unfortunately, there was very little interest in them. Perhaps I can try again soon.

Making Purple Sweet Potato Pies

The next day I made some purple sweet potato pies in preparation for Christmas. It was humbling to see how much everyone enjoyed the pies - everyone wanted more.

Purple Sweet Potato Pie


Gluten-Free Purple Sweet Potato Pie

I made four pies – two with graham cracker crust and two with a gluten-free crust. I wish that people’s love of pies would translate to their buying my purple sweet potatoes.

Kids love Purple Sweet Potato Pie

Oh well – I’ll just keep trying! (=


21 people + Purple Pie = No more pie.


6 comments:

  1. Oh too bad I would love them !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame you couldn't get more interest in your potatoes. Your pie looks purpley delicious. I would be tempted to serve it with stewed blueberries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a little bit of a blueberry "zing" to it. I think the fun aftertaste is highly affected by the presence of the chemical anthocyanin.

      Delete
  3. Maybe you should just sell the pies at the market! Thanks for the tips on squash over at my blog. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - Thank you Paige!

      I enjoyed reading your blog quite a bit!

      I wanted to sell the pies at the market, but the state won't grant me a license - not even if I take a class. I've worked in foodservice before and this is just silly.

      Delete

Dear Gardening Friends,
I look forward to learning more about gardening with you. Your comments help me recognize that gardening is a life-long journey.

To advertisers: Note that this blog is concerned with gardening and gardening techniques. Please do not attempt to advertise here by leaving a comment. Depending upon how egregious the comment is, it may be deleted.