Friday, December 1, 2023

Spring in the Greenhouse

I usually begin thinking about planting into the greenhouse in March, just over a month before starting my plants for planting out in the plots. This spring I decided to try growing the Paesana di Soleto and a Russian cucumbermelon in the greenhouse. Then I began growing out my cucumber varieties for transplant from soil blocks. Finally – later on – I decided to try growing a few other cucumber varieties.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unlike other years I grew in the greenhouse, I decided to try to make the most of the time that I had in order to make sure that I could take advantage of as much space as possible by interplanting lettuce in between the hydroponic baskets.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then, later on in the season, I tried growing a couple last-minute varieties. One of these turned out some seeds while the other did not. 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Gardening Friends,
I look forward to learning more about gardening with you. Your comments help me recognize that gardening is a life-long journey.

To advertisers: Note that this blog is concerned with gardening and gardening techniques. Please do not attempt to advertise here by leaving a comment. Depending upon how egregious the comment is, it may be deleted.