Friday, November 5, 2021

The Wisconsin SMR 58 Cucumber

Of all the pickling cucumber varieties that I grew in 2020, I believe that the Wisconsin SMR 58 is one of the most underrated picklers around.
















Besides being resistant to scab and cucumber mosaic, the vines of this cucumber were both vigorous and produced a good crop of good-looking pickling cucumbers.




























There is some variation as the dark cucumbers sometimes have bands of lighter color coming from the flower end of the fruit. The fruit was pretty consistent in production and was good for pickling purposes. 













Along with the Arkansas Little Leaf, I would say that the Wisconsin SMR 58 is one of the most consistent pickling cucumbers I have ever grown.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Gardening Friends,
I look forward to learning more about gardening with you. Your comments help me recognize that gardening is a life-long journey.

To advertisers: Note that this blog is concerned with gardening and gardening techniques. Please do not attempt to advertise here by leaving a comment. Depending upon how egregious the comment is, it may be deleted.