Saturday, September 1, 2018

Chicken Garden Update

So, things have been doing alright at the chicken garden. One of the main problems I have had with this garden has been the watering. 

 
The chickens enjoy some watermelon rinds



My Carosello Spuredda Leccese going to seed


I have the whole garden on soaker hose, but really it needs a timer. For a while the whole garden had been over-watered because there was no timer. Then the plants were starved of water and began to die. 

 
Another Spuredda Leccese - not quite pure seed




Another look at a splotched cylindrical carosello variety



Hopefully, I will be able to set things up in this garden better by the next time next season comes around.


Spotted Carosello variety

 
Add caption



Marketmore Cucumber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Gardening Friends,
I look forward to learning more about gardening with you. Your comments help me recognize that gardening is a life-long journey.

To advertisers: Note that this blog is concerned with gardening and gardening techniques. Please do not attempt to advertise here by leaving a comment. Depending upon how egregious the comment is, it may be deleted.