Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Slow Fall

Though I have some access to a greenhouse this fall, things have generally been pretty slow. Due to some health problems related with the climate here (the heat and the dirt in the air) I have been sick a lot recently.

 
Carosello Massafra Plant


As we consider moving to another state my desire to continue a full-scale garden here in Tucson has greatly decreased.

Immature Carosello Massafra fruit


No matter where I end up, I am sure I will continue to garden and grow cucumbers (and Carosello), but I am definitely feeling some sadness about my garden and a lack of desire to keep working on it if we will be moving.


Some Carosello and other cucumber plants


Mezzo Lungo Polignano Fruit

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Arizona weather can be brutal. I hope you find a place that's right for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Claudette,

      Thank you so much for the well-wishes. I greatly appreciate them. Perhaps I could move some place a little more cool and humid.

      Delete
  2. Saddened to learn of your ailments that prevent you from enjoying your gardens. I know from experience the 'limbo' you're in right now. I hope a decision will give you direction soon. Until then, take care. And please keep us posted. Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your understanding and concern Kris! I greatly appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. Hope the fall and winter improve your situation while you contemplate a direction. The change in seasons here always helps me look forward to change and a renewal of spring and interest in gardening, after I lose ambition in the fall/winter.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ray,

      Usually I feel a renewed desire to garden in the winter too. Hopefully I will get a little bit of that desire back soon.

      Wishing you the best!
      -Jay

      Delete
  4. Oh, no! Having recently moved myself, i feel your pain. I hope the winter will give some respite from your health problems for a bit. It is hard to know how much to do when you know you might have to give the plants up. I hope you come up with a decision that is good for you and your future garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear you have health problems...never fun. And I do know what it is like to lose interest in a garden when you will move and then to miss that garden is hard too...good luck with your decisions.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Gardening Friends,
I look forward to learning more about gardening with you. Your comments help me recognize that gardening is a life-long journey.

To advertisers: Note that this blog is concerned with gardening and gardening techniques. Please do not attempt to advertise here by leaving a comment. Depending upon how egregious the comment is, it may be deleted.