Friday, January 19, 2024

The Late Season Tumin Krai

A friend in Indonesia told me about a striped cucumber that appeared to be some kind of pickling melon. I asked him to try growing it to see if it was bitter at all. After trying it out and assuring me of the cucumber’s lack of bitterness, he sent me some seeds.

 










I decided to try out growing the variety in late 2022 in my greenhouse. This is the Timun Krai. It is a striped Indonesian cucumber variety from the small village in East Java called Krai.The flavor and texture were good and I looked forward to growing the variety out more in 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Gardening Friends,
I look forward to learning more about gardening with you. Your comments help me recognize that gardening is a life-long journey.

To advertisers: Note that this blog is concerned with gardening and gardening techniques. Please do not attempt to advertise here by leaving a comment. Depending upon how egregious the comment is, it may be deleted.