Friday, September 30, 2022

The Rise and Fall of Tomatoes

2021 was not a very good tomato year for me. To date, that would make over half of my years as a gardener now. Honestly – some people have a gift for growing tomatoes while others, like myself, experience every kind of pest, pathogen and persistent pressure that promotes pitiful production. This year it was leaf curl, courtesy of some menacing whiteflies. 

 











 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While I had some some beautiful Taxi tomatoes that got taken out by the whiteflies, but I had some Ace 55 plants that took over. The Ace 55s were okay, but something kept making holes in them just as they would begin to ripen. My daughter also brought by a hybrid cherry tomato plant, which kind of did its own thing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 We gardeners tend to be an optimistic lot, so – here’s to next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Gardening Friends,
I look forward to learning more about gardening with you. Your comments help me recognize that gardening is a life-long journey.

To advertisers: Note that this blog is concerned with gardening and gardening techniques. Please do not attempt to advertise here by leaving a comment. Depending upon how egregious the comment is, it may be deleted.