Friday, February 9, 2024

Fighting Powdery Mildew with Sonata biofungicide

After many years of looking, I was finally able to purchase some Sonata biofungicide for my garden in 2023. This specific fungicide is meant to specifically go after fungus-related diseases such as Downy and Powdery Mildew. It did a fabulous job and I was able to keep my plants relatively free of disease for 4-6 weeks longer than I would have been able to do otherwise. These results were much better than anything else that I have tried and didn’t affect the soil as much as some other products would.

 

 


 


 

 

 

Powdery Mildew can be very difficult to destroy. If the disease has not spread over the whole plant and is still in the beginning stages, Sonata can completely stop and battle the current outbreak, but if the plants are completely white, it is doubtful that anything can help. Powdery Mildew began on my squash in early August. I pulled the squash plants to make room for my speckled carosello, then it started on them too. I sprayed once a week for about four weeks then stopped when I knew that I would be picking the fruit soon. On one last note, I don't receive anything from anyone for making this recommendation. I just hope that someone out there finds Sonata helpful to combating their Powdery Mildew issues too.

 


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Gardening Friends,
I look forward to learning more about gardening with you. Your comments help me recognize that gardening is a life-long journey.

To advertisers: Note that this blog is concerned with gardening and gardening techniques. Please do not attempt to advertise here by leaving a comment. Depending upon how egregious the comment is, it may be deleted.